ScrumDo Change Log
You can find a list of what's changed recently here.
- A new consolidated view/edit dialog has replaced the old edit and quickview options. You'll now only see one of those options depending on your project access level.
- Clicking an image thumbnail for an attachment will now preview it in the browser.
- Now showing user avatars on stories in more places, such as the scrum board.
- Now, when clicking a permalink, you're brought to the correct page and the story is opened for you.
- @mentions now work properly in comments.
- When creating a report profile for a scrumban project, we now show the step on the cell while editing to make it easier to tell what you are doing.
- You can now shift-click to start a multi select operation on the story list and scrumban board pages.
- You can now double click a story to open the editor.
- We've renamed Continuous flow projects to Scrumban projects, and time boxed projects are now called scrum projects.
- New organization level project listing.
- Scrumban headers were slightly too tall, occasionally made things look really sloppy.
- Performance improvement on Scrumban boards with many cells.
- You no longer get email notifications for comments you post
- You can now see your username on the name page.
- Fixed two bugs with scrumban lead time chart when viewed in the "powers of two" mode.
- Fixed a few bugs where read-only users saw options they shouldn't have. (Those options were not functional and would result in access-denied messages.)
- When playing planning poker, the "Stories with X size" list is now in reverse chronological order so it's easier to see recent stories.
- Added iteration column to the organization level export.
- New "Syncronize Now" option for extras.
- Fixed bug: sometimes Github issues were not being properly created.
- All users are now redirected to secure HTTPS pages all the time.
- Continuous flow projects now have access to the iteration planner.
- Bug fix: Epics page would occasionally freeze when showing/hiding archived epics.
- Bug fix: Editing an epic would sometimes cause the child epics to temporarily dissapear from the screen.
- New Task Board view for Scrum Boards
- Optimized story rendering on scrum boards, should lead to much faster drag & drop responsiveness.
- Additional help messages & tips for new users to the Scrum Board
- Pressing escape on the story edit window no longer closes it causing your input to be lost.
- Bug Fix: Child epics dissapear if you edit their parent.
- It is now easier to drag a story to an empty iteration in the iteration planner.
- There is now a slight hover effect on the iteration planner to see what story your mouse is over.
- Fixed a bug in burndown chart when the iteration start date was moved.
- Fixed bug in signup form if user didn't enter a password.
- Removed some links for people without admin access that resulted in a access-denied message.
- No longer showing old projects that you do not watch on your dashboard.
- Bug Fix: You can now upload files with non-latin characters in the filenames.
- Bug Fix: You can now search for stories with non-latin characters.
- Bug Fix: Points boxes on story list page for continuous flow projects are now correct.
- You can now create iterations in continuous flow projects
- The CFD can now be plotted for points or cards.
- The ATDD plugin no longer requires admin privileges to export.
- Added a "Track Time" button to the task edit window.
- Added "Save & Add Another" to new task window.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for quickly adding tasks.
- Project export now contains creation and modified dates.
- Added "USD" to invoices
- Bug fix: Fixed JS error when plotting some burndown charts
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug in project file list if files had non-ascii characters in them.
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug in project time entry where the wrong iteration was selected if you unselected your iteration to report time against the project.
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug in dashboard project selection
- Bug Fix: Fixed alignment problem on scrumboard custom config window
- Bug Fix: Fixed annoying bug when adding categories on the story form and the list-box not resetting
- Fixed an import bug introduced in the previous release.
- A 20 minute timeout for real-time updates has been lengthened.
- Moving a story from doing->done on the scrum board split columns will correctly update in real time now.
- The iteration tab on the project exports now contains the full task details.
- The time estimate for stories is now exported/imported from/to iterations
- Fixed bug: Unassigning people from tasks wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed bug: You can now reorder stories in the epics view again.
- Updated Epics interface
- Updated Iteration Planning interface
- Updated org dashboards to better support users who have no assigned stories, and don't watch any projects.
- Kanban projects have been renamed to Continuous Flow projects. Scrum projects are Time Boxed.
- Continuous Flow projects are now in public beta for everyone.
- Brand new organization dashboard. Read More
- New email templates for notifications
- New dedicated organization newsfeed page.
- New vertical headers on kanban boards.
- Several underlying architectual changes to continuous flow projects to make them easier to work with.
- New stats on the continuous flow project summary page.
- There is no longer a default report profile for continuous flow projects, it was rarely helpful and always confusing.
- Several performance improvements throughout the site.
- We now limit organization-level searches to 100 results for performance reasons. Searching within a project has not been changed.
- Hosting Upgrades - Over the past 2 weeks we have updated the hardware of our DB server cluster and our application servers. We have also started using nginx/uwsgi to further speed things up.
- Bug fix: Some bugs having to do with WIP calculations and kanbanizing projects.
- Bug Fix: duplicating a story puts it in the right kanban board cell now.
- Bug fix: Rarely, API calls would fail unexpectedly due to a race condition.
- Bug fix: Compatibility view icon on IE11 was showing up erroneously
- Adding a Blocked or Urgent tag to a story/card will highlight it red or yellow.
- You can now add attachments from the story edit window.
- You can now add attachments and make comments from the quick view of a story
- Bug fix: Some tasks were not correctly showing up
- Kanban project improvements:
- Bug fix: Archive all button works again
- Bug fix: Some CFD data consistency bugs were fixed
- Bug fix: Deleting a story from the backlog actually makes it go away again
- New move-to-project icon on most cards.
- The kanban board is now the default view of these projects
- Upgraded our main DB cluster for a faster and more reliable ScrumDo
- Ability to create Personal Projects
- Create time estimates on stories or tasks.
- More helpful email templates
- You can now track releases by # of stories/cards or by time
- Small price increase and modification to the # of users on some of our plans
- Attempting to accept an invite you already accepted no longer results in an error
- Empty daily digests are no longer sent
- Users who are not on a plan that supports email notifications will no longer recieve daily digests
- Kanban project improvements:
- Updated 3rd party extras
- Reports are now rebuilt when the board is modified
- Workflows have been renamed "Report Profiles" to ease some confusion
- Ability to add a description of a policy to cells.
- Multi select and bulk operations of cards
- Several reporting bug fixes
- Clicking the project name on the board now brings up a picker of your other projects
- Several bug fixes
- You can now resize the backlog/archive on the board
- Commits once again show up on several story display types.
- Added new slider to selecting initial story creation
- New search widget
- Improved story sizing on Scrum Board
- Added more information to newsfeeds about the detail field changing on a story
- Improved the quick-view of stories
- Thumbnails of attachments not correctly retain their aspect ratio.
- Several kanban-project related improvements
- Added "archive all" button to Kanban cells
- Several massive performance improvements to the stories API (will be noticed throughout the site)
- Fixed some bugs with a loading message that would never go away.
- Added better logging, so we can fix any issues more easily.
- Added 3 Kanban templates
- Improved new user experience and a new tour
- Live updates on Scrum Board (Off by default, turn on via your project admin page)
- Chat / Planning Poker should work through more restrictive firewalls now.
- New Kanban based projects in beta, Sign Up to gain access.
- Flatter style on story points display.
- Email confirmation and invitation messages are now sent in HTML to make clicking on links easier.
11/19/2013 Bug Fixes
- The iteration list scrolls properly when clicking on a story permalink. (Also, the story highlights now)
- Stories on the dashboard now behave properly.
11/3/2013 Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug: If you have over 100 github repos, they will all show up now.
10/27/2013 Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug: GitHub labels were not correctly syncing with ScrumDo tags.
- Fixed bug: Duplicated stories were not syncing to GitHub.
- Fixed bug: Only GitHub repos that you have admin access to will now show up in the list to connect to.
10/23/2013 Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug: In IE8, the new story dialog wasn't working on the epics page.
- Fixed bug: Linking directly to some epics was displaying a blank page.
10/20/2013 Minor changes
- Improved our print-css sheet so you can print your story list easier.
- Adjusted the size of inputs on the story edit window.
- On the project export iteration tabs, stories are correctly in rank order now
- Fixed bug causing a blank screen with "OK" being displayed. (Still looking for other causes, let us know if you see this)
- Fixed bug in @mention processing
- Fixed the create and delete iteration entries in the news feed.
10/10/2013 Bug Fix
- Fixed bug: You can now edit stories from the organization-wide search results again.
10/9/2013 Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug: Long iteration names were not visible in the iteration picker.
- Fixed bug: Hidden iterations were incorrectly showing up in the iteration picker.
- Fixed bug: When removing a story from an epic, the label showing the epic wasn't cleared.
10/7/2013 Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug: When adding a story, the link to edit the story was not working correctly.
- Fixed bug: When drilling into the epics view, not all child epics were shown.
- Fixed bug: Sometimes, editing an epic was failing to save the new data.
10/5/2013 Large Release
- Nearly every page has had some comsmetic improvements.
- You can now select from multiple sizes of stories on the iteration story list to see more or less at once.
- You can now select multiple stories at once on the iteration story list page and manipulate them.
- Ability to move stories between projects within an organization from the iteration story list page.
- Removed the hover on usernames to see detail, replaced with a click, significantly improved page rendering time.
- Clicking an Epic abbreviation in a story now shows the full epic summary as well as parent epics.
- Ability to convert a story into an epic via the edit-story window.
- Singificantly prettier and more complete invoices
- Users will no longer receive email alerts for actions that they themselves take.
- If you mention a person with an @username note in a story or comment, that person will receive an email.
- You can now sort releases via drag & drop.
- Releases past their end date are archived in a "past releases" list.
- Basecamp users can now enable/disable status updates to/from todo lists
- Basecamp users now have a link directly to their Basecamp project
- When exporting a project or iteration, you no longer leave the page.
- Fixed bug when sorting stories on the epics page.
- Fixed bug when sorting stories on the iteration planning page.
- You are now allowed to use a dash in your username.
- Many IE8 specific bugs have been fixed.
- You can now leave a comment in the edit-story window describing the change you made.
- The scrum master can now filter the list story during planning poker
- When playing planning poker, you can now view the history of votes in that session by scrolling up.
- The default chart type is now stacked.
- When selecting a chart type, your preference is now saved.
- For new projects, the default tasks statuses are now todo, doing, done.
- When printing out epics, the stories are no longer out of order.
- You can now see the epic name on the project export.
- On the scrum board, you can now download and upload attachments.
- The story edit window now sizes (both bigger and smaller) depending on your window size.
- Task updates are now correctly in the news feed.
- The quicklinks are now available on the scrum board screen.
- Quicklinks have been redesigned to be more user friendly and not cover up on-screen elements.
- There is now feature-parity on story listings from the iteration page and scrum board.
- Several updates to the developer API to be more complete. - https://github.com/ScrumDoLLC/ScrumDoAPIV2
- Users can now have full, personalized names instead of cryptic usernames. (Set this up via your account settings)
- You can now search for epics from the project level search.
- Exporting an iteration will now show the epics a story belongs to.
- When writing a new story, you can now specify an iteration for it to go to.
- You can now change the iteration in the edit-story window.
- The rank of a story in the story list now determines the order of the scrum board.
- You can now see more stats about time-spent in the releases
- Github users can now use the syntax sd-### in their commit messages.
- There is a new "print" button on the epics page to get a simple formatted html page suitable for printing
- You can how hide an iteration so it won't show up in several places in the UI.
- The time sheet export has been expanded to include more fields.
- The RSS feeds are far more useful now
- Added a new ATDD extra
- Many bug fixes
- You can now add attachments from the scrum board
- You can now reorder tasks.
- You can now tag tasks. (More functionality related to this coming soon!)
- The extra's story queue has been improved
- New developer API (https://github.com/ScrumDoLLC/ScrumDoAPIV2)
- When duplicating a story, you can now choose to duplicate with attachments
- When duplicating a story from the epics page, you are no longer redirected to the story list.
- Epics now export in the project level export
- Administrators can now delete other user's files
- Fixed some IE8 specfic UI bugs
- Importing stories that have tags with spaces will no longer break
- Several minor ui improvements
- Faster page rendering, especially during peak times.
- Fixed bug: you can now download files with very long filenames
- Fixed bug: You can now see long news feed entries
- Behind the scenes, we've made some major infrastructure improvements that should let us deliver more functionality on a faster website
- New release planning tool! (See Releases under your organization menu.)
- Made several improvements to speed up story editing, especially on larger projects.
- New pricing
- New changelog (this page!) so you can see what has changed
- New iteration charts: Burn Down and Stacked
- New time tracking feature
- Significantly improved iteration planning page
- New extra to connect to Basecamp (the new/next version)
- Added ability to export tasks in the project and iteration excel exports
- Improved the filtering options on the iteration story list
- Added loading animation on comment posting
- Added some feedback when creating a story so you know that it's processing
- Changed delete user message dialog box.
- You can now log in with your email address or your username
- User sessions are now memcached, shaving milliseconds off every request.
- Search now includes comments
- New "All Members" view for organization admins to see everyone across all your teams
- You can now remove old team invites
- Clicking an epic number, or a link from an email now isolates the epic on the page. There is a new "edit" pencil icon to edit the epic.
- Fixed bug: Fixed some GitHub syncronization issues
- Fixed bug: iteration stats are visible by everyone with read+ access, not just admins.
- Fixed bug: the help/support window will no longer appear offscreen
- Fixed bug: if you expanded the tasks section of stories on the scrum board, the bottom of the column would overrun the page footer
- Fixed bug: When deleting an iteration, you will no longer lose associated scrum logs.
- Fixed bug: Not everyone shows up on the points breakdown by people on the iteration dashboard.
- Fixed Bug: Unable to add a comment to a story on the Iteration Planning screen.
- Added custom statuses
- Added ability to add multiple assignees to a story
- Added a FlowDock extra
- Added filter to organization export.
- Added project groups to organization export page
- Sped up creating adding new stories.
- Improved story filter
- Fixed bug causing staff groups not to appear as admin groups in some places.
- Fixed bug: points weren't showing their labels.
- Fixed bug: story counts on project dashboard were off in some circumstances
- Fixed bug: the project admin page didn't work for free accounts.
- Fixed bug: spelling mistake on invtation emails
- Fixed bug: the avatar page didn't have the scrumdo page template
- Fixed visual bug on the list of my current stories.